Treehouse : Utterly FRUSTRATED! - Treehouse

Hide message Show message
Welcome to Treehouse !

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, get your own private messenger and more.

Support the Sites!

Icon Registration for the Forums

Unfortunately, due to an unreasonable amount of obscene and/or dangerous data being posted by spambots registering for the forums, we have had to disable the automatic registration process. For those wishing to manually register, we ask that you contact the author of Memories from the email provided on his stories, and he will work with you to set up an account manually. Note that he will verify that you are authentic before beginning the process, for the safety of all board members.

Page 1 of 1

Utterly FRUSTRATED!

#1 User is online   Silver Wolf 

• Root
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:20 AM

I do not know what's up with AIM, but it's certainly not on target! I've been unable to connect for the past 3 days! ALL my friends are on there, and NOTHING works. I know I run an outdated version of the operating system (OS-X 10.5.8) but damn it, if I change to 10.6.8, I've been told all my softwares would be outdated and not run anymore. Who wants THAT financial nightmare? Going to El Capitan would probably be even worse! I'm growing frustrated. I've had so many bad experiences with so-called updates that I piss my pants at the simple idea of undertaking that! That's what you get from being burned by MICROSHIT. Now Apple used to be stable, but from friends' experiences, updating has become a nightmare as well. When will all them smart-aleks understand that better is the enemy of good enough? I've heard people lose YEARS of work with updates. I don't want to lose all my stuff, damn it! I gnaw at the idea of losing software that cost me 700$ + just because some stupid bum wanted to do something 'better' and actually did not consider that retired people don't walk on gold or swim in money.

That being said, I'm on facebook.... but few know that, because i've tried hard not to make that public... I sort of hate putting my face on the internet to be recognised on the street. For me, anonymity is paramount, and facebook violates that. I know, I know, some would do anything (including murder) to get 30 seconds of fame on tv, but I find this shalow and stupid.

Now, I do need help to establish contact with those on AIM that were my friends. One I need particularly has a rather screen name: zodiacpts. If you have aim and that on your contact list, please tell him I'm sorry I can't get on aim anymore but that he can contact me via facebook as it is currently the only thing that still does messaging that works. I don't know how people find someone on facebook but they do. I figure its via mail addresses...christianlepsy@hotmail.com or christian.martin@live.ca dont remember which one i used... grr

I'll try going from 10.5.8 to 10.6.8 tomorrow... PRAY it works... Maybe, just maybe, for once, I'll be lucky with updates.

#2 User is offline   MotherHusky 

• Trunk
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:45 PM

Before you do that, what version of AIM are you using? Can you update just AIM to 8?

#3 User is online   Silver Wolf 

• Root
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:15 AM

View PostMotherHusky, on 30 May 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

Before you do that, what version of AIM are you using? Can you update just AIM to 8?

I wish... no update available for 0sX leopard... they declawed the poor cat! SADISTS!

#4 User is offline   ACFan 

• Treehouse Nutcase
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Author

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:10 PM

You should be safe on snow leopard -- lion is the one that killed power PC code
Who needs sanity???

#5 User is offline   flashpoint2008 

• Twig
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:58 PM

have you tried Trillian?

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options