Treehouse : If you could found a Clan - Treehouse

Hide message Show message
Welcome to Treehouse !

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, get your own private messenger and more.

Support the Sites!

Icon Registration for the Forums

Unfortunately, due to an unreasonable amount of obscene and/or dangerous data being posted by spambots registering for the forums, we have had to disable the automatic registration process. For those wishing to manually register, we ask that you contact the author of Memories from the email provided on his stories, and he will work with you to set up an account manually. Note that he will verify that you are authentic before beginning the process, for the safety of all board members.

Page 1 of 1

If you could found a Clan Question for today

#1 User is offline   Wolfwalker 

• Trunk
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Author

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:54 AM

Taking in consideration the limitations of all Alteran clans being formed for service to the crown.
If you could be the founder of a clan in the TEEP universe describe the clan and its purpose.

a red shirt to whoever comes up with one that screams that it has to have a walk on.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, it is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Stories can be found at www.wolfsnest.n40c.net

#2 User is online   Silver Wolf 

• Root
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:29 AM

They lack a covert and infiltration clan. For now they are mostly reactive to events, but they need to be proactive, that is, try to infiltrate and hit first. There are many regions of the world without clan operatives, and these areas will come back and bite them in the arse if they do not do anything about it. A case in point is the situation that is developing. Maybe it could have been prevented. (Note: I think it still can, until things blow up... It smacks of ET intervention!)

#3 User is offline   Rilbur 

• Wordsmith for Hire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Author

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:32 PM

Well, some of us still need to catch up with the last chapter -- I'm re-reading from the beggining, so that's going to take me a while :P As a result, I'm not going to be able to address everything Silver said.

However, while I agree with the need for covert / infiltration forces, I don't think the Alteran's have the manpower to personally infiltrate a significant portion of the Earth, especially given that most of their trouble has been from groups that work in the shadows. A good intelligence arm might be useful for that. The infiltration / covert force would be nice for when they want to do something without leaving fingerprints... though, truth be told, given the 'whip hand' they have at the moment I just don't see that as being necessary. They don't care about leaving their fingerprints over everything, they'll just swoop in, do what they want, and leave. And F U if you don't like it.

#4 User is offline   Hermetically Sealed 

• Bud
  • Pip

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:10 PM

I definitely see a need for a group which deals with exploring the full potential of the Alteran state. A clan dedicated to discovering different ways in which their abilities can be applied or expanded. Perhaps quantifying the range of abilities. Kind of an R&D division.

#5 User is offline   Kelvryn 

• Bud
  • Pip

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:04 PM

How about a space exploration clan. they can seek out new life. boldly go and all that...lol

#6 User is online   Silver Wolf 

• Root
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:47 PM

They also need a Time Patrol. After all, they may be attacked not only through Space, but through Time.

#7 visitor_Eric_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:00 PM

Kenny starts the Time Patrol, I bet!

#8 User is offline   robby 

• Bud
  • Pip

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:03 AM

View PostWolfwalker, on 03 February 2011 - 09:54 AM, said:

Taking in consideration the limitations of all Alteran clans being formed for service to the crown.
If you could be the founder of a clan in the TEEP universe describe the clan and its purpose.

a red shirt to whoever comes up with one that screams that it has to have a walk on.

Wolfwalker, I believe I have read the story about 5 times, and after waiting forever (grin) I finally found chapter 83. I went back and read from 80 forward to refresh my sagging memory. After finishing chapter 83, I let out with a loud: AAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!.

The new clan should indubitably be the "CLIFF HANGER POLICE CLAN". :rolleyes:

Or in deference to Timmy, the Tree Limb Hanger Clan...:lol:

In all honesty, I do like your Teep Universe's. I made that plural, as there seems to be a lot of traveling going on in the story.

robby

In a world without fences and walls, who needs Gates and Windows
Ubuntu 10.10 AMD-64

#9 User is offline   robuntu 

• Branch
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:12 PM

View Postrobby, on 02 March 2011 - 01:03 AM, said:

Wolfwalker, I believe I have read the story about 5 times, and after waiting forever (grin) I finally found chapter 83. I went back and read from 80 forward to refresh my sagging memory. After finishing chapter 83, I let out with a loud: AAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!.

The new clan should indubitably be the "CLIFF HANGER POLICE CLAN". :rolleyes:

Or in deference to Timmy, the Tree Limb Hanger Clan...:lol:

In all honesty, I do like your Teep Universe's. I made that plural, as there seems to be a lot of traveling going on in the story.

robby

Robby died a horrible lost password death, and my original character
Robuntu showed up when I tried to reset the password. So, Robuntu lives and robby has been sent to dev/null.

robuntu, finally

Robby

Linux Mint 13 Maya (Mate)

On a world without fences and walls, who needs Gates and Windows.

#10 visitor_no name_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:10 PM

View Postrobuntu, on 02 March 2011 - 07:12 PM, said:

Robby died a horrible lost password death, and my original character
Robuntu showed up when I tried to reset the password. So, Robuntu lives and robby has been sent to dev/null.

robuntu, finally

And this applies to TEEP clans HOW? Wouldn't this comment be better placed in the welcome area?

#11 User is offline   robuntu 

• Branch
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:45 PM

View Postno name, on 16 March 2011 - 09:10 PM, said:

And this applies to TEEP clans HOW? Wouldn't this comment be better placed in the welcome area?

Blame it on senility. I was letting the people with whom I was replying that robby was no longer available. I am at a loss for words. I am sorry that I upset your sensitivity as a non member, when all of the real members seem to accept it as it was meant. Well, at least for the last two weeks.

robuntu aka robby

Robby

Linux Mint 13 Maya (Mate)

On a world without fences and walls, who needs Gates and Windows.

#12 User is offline   TomasG 

• Branch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Second star to the right... and straight on till morning.

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:30 AM

View Postrobuntu, on 16 March 2011 - 11:45 PM, said:

Blame it on senility. I was letting the people with whom I was replying that robby was no longer available. I am at a loss for words. I am sorry that I upset your sensitivity as a non member, when all of the real members seem to accept it as it was meant. Well, at least for the last two weeks.

robuntu aka robby

There was no senility involved. At least I don't think there was. LOL. And I as a MEMBER, I understood what you were doing and why. No problem here.

Actually, I was surprised that non-members were even allowed to post.

Take Care
TomasG

Posted Image
"Are we human because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are human?" Pointless, really... "Do the stars gaze back?" Now *that's* a question."

Can you hear it? The music. I can hear it everywhere. In the wind... in the air... in the light. It's all around us. All you have to do is open yourself up. All you have to do... is listen.

#13 User is offline   timbeau 

• Leaf
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:43 AM

The True life follows fiction Clan.

Not just the way other fictional storys are coming true in the TEEP Universe, but with the Cliff hanger from the last chapter ringing just a bit too true of the events of the past week or so.

I'm Sure Wolfwalker has had to rethink his treatment of the subject.

#14 User is offline   Kyle Richardson 

• Branch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Fictional Characters

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:58 PM

You mean you don't know how authors work? They ain't allowed to think, We take those big empty things they call heads and fill them with story ideas. The smarter one can take the ideas and write them down, while the REALLY smart ones can actually get it right and make a really good story out of it.

(big grin)

#15 User is offline   Kenny Stranton 

• Twig
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:06 PM

The problem is, I wrote that chapter and its concluding parts in 84 before the disaster in Japan happened. So while my conclusion was better over all than what is happening in real life, it is more than a little freaky that what I wrote ended up happening in real life. In fact the 13 emails from readers thought the same thing.

Luckily I did not have to rethink anything as I never planned a total disaster from that disaster. it was what happens after taht where it gets dicey.

R

View Posttimbeau, on 17 March 2011 - 09:43 AM, said:

The True life follows fiction Clan.

Not just the way other fictional storys are coming true in the TEEP Universe, but with the Cliff hanger from the last chapter ringing just a bit too true of the events of the past week or so.

I'm Sure Wolfwalker has had to rethink his treatment of the subject.

#16 User is offline   Kenny Stranton 

• Twig
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:07 PM

Hmmm... strange ...thats not how it works with my author.

if it was I wouldn't be forced to use this damn stick to have some fun...now would I

View PostKyle Richardson, on 18 March 2011 - 05:58 PM, said:

You mean you don't know how authors work? They ain't allowed to think, We take those big empty things they call heads and fill them with story ideas. The smarter one can take the ideas and write them down, while the REALLY smart ones can actually get it right and make a really good story out of it.

(big grin)

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options